How crazy is this heat at the moment! While we swelter through the last weeks of summer it’s so important not to forget about your skin – a quality SPF is your best anti ageing weapon.
With so many options on the market – chemical, physical, broad spectrum, BB cream, CC cream, tinted, non tinted … the mind boggles! Here we take a look at the difference between a chemical and physical spf and why we choose the amazing Skinjuice sun protection.
So what exactly is the difference between a physical and chemical sunscreen?
Physical sunscreens contain active mineral ingredients such as titanium dioxide or zinc oxide which work by sitting on top of the skin to deflect and scatter damaging UV rays away from the skin creating a physical block. They are applied over your skincare products before makeup, and are unlikely to cause skin irritations. Physcial sunscreens don’t need to be reapplied as often (unless swimming or getting super sweaty) and are the best option if you’re trying to protect your skin from pigmentation and ageing sun damage (pretty sure that’s all of us!)
Chemical sunscreens rely on chemicals such as Octylcrylene, Avobenzone, Octinoxate, Octisalate, OxyBenzone and Homosalate and Helioplex to absorb or scatter the UV rays your skin is exposed to. There is growing concern that some of these chemical filters used can generate free radical damage and some are also thought to be endocrine disruptors – yuk! NO thanks!
As pretty much anyone who has stepped foot into Little Birdy knows, we are all about skin health and avoiding nasties. Which is why we stock the amazing Skinjuice sun protection products ‘Sun Juice’. In both a tinted and non-tinted option the Sun Juice goodies contain superfood ingredients to help boost the skins natural protection against the sun’s damaging effects, providing healthy protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays. This juicy formula does not contain skin irritating chemicals, rather Sun Juice is a physical SPF, meaning it will safely reflect the sun from the skin. This antioxidant rich SPF should be used daily on the face and is so much more then just a sunscreen! Sun Juice feeds the skin a full diet of nutrients to help defend the skin against the suns ageing forces.
- Provides immediate, non irritating SPF protection against both UVA and UVB rays. Zinc Oxide naturally reflects the suns damaging rays before they touch the skin.
- Skin softening essential fatty acids from Kiwi Fruit and Avocado help to naturally strengthen the skins defence against burning and sun induced pigmentation.
- Sun Juice is non pore blocking, meaning it will not cause congestion. Instead it will actually help keep the face blemish free and healthy with anti-acne Totoral extract.
- Mineral rich and healing Zinc assists in keeping the skin clear and breakout free.
- Help to fight ageing and UV damage with powerful antioxidants Resvertrol, Kakadu Plum and Green Tea.
- Pregnancy safe. Shield the skin against harmful UV rays while protecting the skin from sun induced pigmentation.
We have a very special offer of 20% off our Sun Juice products for the remainder of Summer so you can pop in and grab your sun protection before heading out into the sun this weekend!